Monday 7 January 2013

PPD Task 2

Identify 5 companies/studios which you consider potentially synergetic to you personally. Write a short explanatory paragraph and reasons for each.

  1. Made by Shape 
  2. Glorious Creative
  3. She was only
  4. May Ninth
  5. Ok200

Identify the top choices and Why you feel that they may have synergy with your practice now, or in the near future.

My choices are in order, I feel that I have some things in common with all of these studio's however little, some more than others but mainly I feel that I could with more experience get to the level these studios are on and work for them hopefully by the time I finish the course. 

Is your choice based on:

My choice is mainly based on location as 3 are located in Manchester which would be close enough to commute for a placement or 1 day a week. 1 is located in London which shows my aim to eventually move down there when I get out of the north mainly due to the high amount of jobs available down south. My last choice is based in Amsterdam, which doesn't make much sense but I still keep contact with them and would one day if I had enough money make the trip again if its worth it.

All of the above studio's have a simular style of working, maybe not entirely the same brand philosophy but there are a lot of similarities running through them all. If anything they are all slightly modernist aesthetic studio's who focus on print and minimal, logic, clear design.   

What if none of those is your main reason for choosing to follow this organization, what is it specifically?

All the studio's above are fairly small in size, they are seem to have a lot more individual input into their projects and this really shine through onto their design practice instead of being a large advertising agency. They generally work with print and photography a lot and extend their projects onto web and digital platforms. I am planning on contacting them because I find similarities in their practise which overlaps into my own. I am contacting them all to either get feedback on my current work asking for advice how I can change my own practise to suite them for potential future employment, I am also asking for internships and short work placements.

They should listen to me, because i'm not going to leave them alone until they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment