Thursday 26 May 2011

End of module Self-Evaluation

What skills have you developed throughout this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?



  • Indesign has helped do magazine layouts better and it has showed me that when working with type using indesign is much better than photoshop and illustrator
  • My illustrator skills have improved A LOT, using it more and just getting better.
  • Book binding skills and folding has improved did a few different variations of books this module.

What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design and development process?

  • Taking more photos has helped me always have at least some image to work with as a starting point.
  • Getting statistics is always helpful cause u can make any info graphics images out of stats
  • Using questionnaires has been helpful to back up my concepts especially and to have information i can then work with.
What strengths can you identify in your work and how will/have you capitalized on these:

  • Working with Colour! finally managed to break through the wall of being scared of using colour and taking my work to a new more playful approach instead of just always designing for a serious professional audience. This will help me be a more diverse designer and i will be far more confident on briefs.
  • Getting better at type and layout, im starting to be able to confidently do layouts they are starting to look a bit more professional as well.
  • Using image has always been a problem due to my lack of drawing skills but illustrator has somehow helped me get my drawing back a bit, its improving and im now using illustrations in my work.
What weaknesses have you identified in your work and how will you adress these:

  • Using my own drawings, not as good as i'd like to be but im getting better and finding my own style finally.
  • Not as good as i'd like to be with magazine layouts and grids, going to practise this more to improve.
  • My spelling is really bad, i need to spell check everything all the time.
Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

  1. Blog as i go along, this will help stop me do last minute blogging...
  2. Screen print, when mass producing something. Will save money.
  3. Keep my sketch book more neat so other people can understand it more clearly, The people who look at my work will be able to understand it better.
  4. Document my work on illustrator better, i get really into my work and always forget to take screenshots, but i do usually note it down in my sketch book.
  5. Do more big design sheets before moving into sketch book. 
Attendance: 5
Punctuality: 5
Motivation: 4
Commitment:4
Quantity: 3.5
Quality: 4
Contribution to group: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment