Sunday 24 April 2011

Interim Self-Evaluation

List 5 practical skills that you have developed. When have they proved useful?
  1. Grid and layout, i found this useful while doing layouts in Indesign for the partner brief.
  2. My illustrator skills have helped me to design much more accurately and quickly i found this particularly help full when producing my own typeface and vectoring it.
  3. The Screen print workshops has helped me to design work which i can cheaply reproduce and it has made my work look much more professional.
  4. Colour theory has helped me to put the right colours together and to produce colour schemes for my work.
  5. Photography elective has helped me to take better photos and to use them in my design work. 
List 5 transferable skills that you have developed. What have you used them for?
  1. Time keeping, making sure that i make my deadlines
  2. Teamwork, this has helped me to work in a group successfully
  3. Presentation skills has helped me to be confident when presenting my work in final crits
  4. Organisational skills have helped me to work efficiently toward deadlines.
  5. Analytical skills have helped to me evaluate my work and learn from my mistakes.
List 5 things that you have achieved. How they helped you progress?
  1. Making books and selling them, it gave me a confidence boast in my own work
  2. Designing a mailshot and sending it out succesfully
  3. Creating my own typeface, helped me to understand type better
  4. Cooking, it has helped me save a bit more money and it helps to have a good meal every now and then.
List 5 problems that you have had to face. How have you over come them?
  1. Budgeting with money, still havent overcome it but im getting better and dealing with it.
  2. CTS, not very good with written language but i have just worked harder to try and overcome it.
  3. Time management, not enough hours in the day
  4. Getting use to constantly blogging and not leaving it to the last week.
  5. working with a group. 
List 5 facts that you have learnt. When have they been useful?
  1. Dont be late on a monday, on a monday when im running late.
  2. Dont put red and green together ever.
  3. Using a good stock can make your work look much better.
  4. The free bus is actaully quicker then walking, well the 50p bus now...
  5. The weather is awful in Leeds always be prepared.
List 5 things that you will never do again. Why? 
  1. Leave things to the last minute when it could save me a ton by screen printing it instead of having to do digital.
  2. Not do enough research!
  3. Take too long to make decisions
  4. Try to attempt to do everything at once, ends up doing a half job on whatever your doing or the work being rushed to a low standard.  
  5. Not spell check my work before print............
Which of these words describes the way you work as part of a group?
  • Confident
  • Decisive
  • Informed
  • Tolerant
Which of these qualities do you most appreciate about yourself?
  • Honesty
  • Commitment
  • Punctuality
  • Humorous
Which of these attitudes best describes the way you worked at the start of the brief group?
  • Impulsive
  • Informed
  • Committed
  • Passive
Which of these attitudes best describes the way you work now?
  • Organised 
  • Informed
  • Committed
  • Passive


No comments:

Post a Comment