Tuesday 26 April 2011

End of module Self-Evaluation

What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

  • Illustrator skills has helped me to vector my art work which saves a lot of time when rearranging layouts and producing typefaces.
  • Book making has helped me on 2 of the briefs in this module, its given me the basic understanding of book binding and hot dog folding.
  • Grid and layout has helped me produce layouts in in design and has helped me understand the structure of news papers and magazines better
What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
  • Using photography to capture a range of primary research has helped me to jump start my idea process. This is also given me a starting point to work from or draw from.
What strengths can you identify in your work and how have you/will you capitalize on these?
  • The use of type, grid and layout i have found especially useful for this project as i have made two hot dog book folds. 
  • Photography it has helped me to capture a lot of research and given me a starting point to work from.
  • Illustrator, being able to take something from my sketchbook and accurate draw it up to the right scales and getting it printed in a short space of time.
What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you adress these more fully?
  • I realised i havent drawn properly in a long time and its been very hard to get back into it, i will practise my drawing more before i go onto illustrator.
  • I play around with my layouts in illustrator and dont record them all.
Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
  • Draw more often before going onto software, i would expect my drawing skills to slowly return to me once again.
  • Do more development instead of just rushing things and getting it done.
  • Leave enough time to allow yourself to screen print and save money.
  • Make decisions more quickly this will allow me to get things done and just generally work more efficiently, time is money. 
  • Experiment with a few more stocks.
Attendance - 5
Punctuality - 5
Motivation - 3
Commitment - 4
Quantity of work - 3
Quality of work - 4
Contribution to group - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment